Sjoewie
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0XXXX USB-C to HDMI not working

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0510ND
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am trying to connect two extra screens (So three in total) to my HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa510ND. One via the HDMI connection and the other via one of the two USB 3.1 Gen 2 type C connections. I tried using a USB-C to HDMI cable with DP Alt Mode from Delock (USB-Type c input, HDMI output). This does not seem to be working. Any suggestions what the cause might be? I treid to find out if the USB ports only support data transfer and not video, but could not find anything that would suggest that. Actually on the datasheet (https://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/c06334038) it states that with the USB-C port you can charge, transfer data with a speed of 5Gb/sec or connect and external screen. So I am a bit lost here and would appreciate any help.

Rgds

Sjoewie

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,640 92,518 11,971 25,530
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sjoewie 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06386863

It is NOT clear about  2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ ports, they may not support video out at all. Please try USB-C to DP 1.2 cable. Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Sjoewie
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, thanks for your reply. Just to be sure, my monitor does only have HDMI, VGA or DVI connections. So not sure if USB-C to DP 1.2 cable will work? Or am I mistaken?

I understand that I need to somehow find out if this USB-C port supports video. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation