Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-xa0055ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The display of my Pavilion All-in-one 27xa0055ng didn't work anymore so I ordered an original spare part (new). I replaced the display and now I have the challenge that the new one is only at approx. 1% brightness. I can see schemes but not more. You can see that on the attached picture (internet-explorer can be guessed).

All the updates are done, all the hardware test are done (nothing) and all the different brightness-settings are at a max. I've also tried the hardware-reset but it didn't show any results. The computer itself works as everything is fine with an external monitor attached via hdmi. 

Any ideas of what else I can try or do? Thank you very much in advance!

IMG_7458.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the backlight connector attached correctly

iomare_0-1623665186887.png

You see, I would say a problem with the backlight, either the connection, cable, or display itself.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the backlight connector attached correctly

iomare_0-1623665186887.png

You see, I would say a problem with the backlight, either the connection, cable, or display itself.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hey David - you literally made my day! That's been the solution... Just forgot to connect the backlight (cable sliped somewhere beneth). Awesome!

Thank you so much! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Glad you have the machine running again.

Take care,

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sXlRZxPRY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.