12-05-2011 12:07 PM
The HPE-137 only has a 300 watt power supply so your choice of video cards is limited. If you are into modern games then both the power supply and video card will need to be replaced. If you are into modern games, then the best thing to do is to check the software manufacturer's web site and forum for recommended video cards.
Once we know what your needs are then we can make a recommendation.
You can probably run the NVIDIA GT 440 for about $80 and still keep your existing power supply.
A gaming quality solution might run you $200.
12-30-2011 06:29 PM
I was looking to upgrade my video card for my PC (HP Pavilion Elite HPE-137 c-b) as well and saw this post. I'm looking to upgrade my video card to play Skyrim. According to the game's website, the reccomended requirements are:
DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher.
I'm trying to find a decent graphics card between $100-200 that would allow me to experience the game at a high setting if possible. Any recommendations? Thanks.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)