Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034 computer that I purchased a year and a half ago. There has been some major display issues over the last two or three months. I have tried 5 different cables and 3 different monitors (with every single port available) but the  problem still persists. 
So when it is connected through the HDMI output the screen will have this rainbow static flashing between what is supposed to be shown and that static itself. This happens so frequency (several times a minute) that the HDMI port is essential non-usable.

When it is connected through the DisplayPort outputs, the screen will flicker black for a second and then return. This happens acyclically and not nearly as frequent (can happen once a day or 3 times an hour, etc.) but it is still somewhat problematic. It heavily interferes with what I use this PC for, so it needs to be fixed. 

I have updated the display driver and tested it. It is definitely not application specific. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.