1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034 Screen Flickering

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034 computer that I purchased a year and a half ago. There has been some major display issues over the last two or three months. I have tried 5 different cables and 3 different monitors (with every single port available) but the  problem still persists. 
So when it is connected through the HDMI output the screen will have this rainbow static flashing between what is supposed to be shown and that static itself. This happens so frequency (several times a minute) that the HDMI port is essential non-usable.

When it is connected through the DisplayPort outputs, the screen will flicker black for a second and then return. This happens acyclically and not nearly as frequent (can happen once a day or 3 times an hour, etc.) but it is still somewhat problematic. It heavily interferes with what I use this PC for, so it needs to be fixed. 

I have updated the display driver and tested it. It is definitely not application specific. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation