Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Wave 600-a100nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I am trying to run x2 4K displays @60 Hz on my Pavilio Wave PC.  The first display connected via DisplayPort works fine.  The second display connected via the HDMI port only runs 2560 x 1600 @59 Hz.  It is detected as 'Digital Television HP Envy 27s'.  It is NOT a digital telivision but an identical 'HP Envy 27s' 4k monitor.

I have tried numerous HDMI cables but the result is the same.  Running Windows 10 Pro.  Graphics are Intel HD Graphics 630 - which should support up to x3 4k displays.

Can someone please confirm that my machine supports x2 4K displays?

How can I achieve my goal?

Thanks a lot.

A

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Almeister73 

From its specs, it uses Intel HD graphics 630 which supports  4096x2160 @ 60Hz max. Your first monitor uses  3840 x 2160 that gives not much bandwidth for the second monitor.

From basic math, it is amazing when you can get 3840 x 2160 plus 2560 x 1600.

Hope the math does make sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  I was however under the impression that the integrated 630 on the 7th gen Intel chips can support up to 3 displays - at least 2 @ 4k:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025675/graphics-drivers.html

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

A

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.