Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24 AIO B011
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this computer for about two months and it was working fine. Last week Microsoft pushed the 2004 OS upgrade and since then the Touch screen no longer works. I'm pretty sure it coincided with the new OS, but I can't be 100% sure (it's the family computer and it takes a little until I hear about it). Anyway, here is what I've tried so far.

• I used the HP Diagnostic program. It upgraded to 7.x but does not detect a touch screen. 
  • I used the BIOS Diagnostic (ESC, F2 at boot). It does not show a Touch screen under Components.
  • I have shutdown and rebooted multiple times. One time it started to work again for a couple hours then was gone again.
  • The Device Manager does not show any entries under HID that relate to touch. 
  • The Device Manager shows one device that has failed under "USB Controllers". It displays as "Unknown USB Device (Set Address failed)" or after disabling and enabling it now shows as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request failed)"

Not sure what else to try. I don't see any drivers for a touch screen. Any ideas?

• The product ID is V8P39AA#ABA
  • BIOS is at F.47
  • WIndows OS is 2004 (10.0.19041)
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also have a simliar issue with a HP Pavillion 27 AIO Touch Screen that stopped working after updating to Windows 10 2004.

Same:

• The Device Manager does not show any entries under HID that relate to touch. 
  • The Device Manager shows one device that has failed under "USB Controllers". It displays as "Unknown USB Device (Set Address failed)" or after disabling and enabling it now shows as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request failed)"

Product ID X6F82AA

BIOS F.49

HP Recommended

@Eric515 If your touchscreen isn’t responsive or not working how you would expect, try restarting your PC. If you’re still having problems, check for updates:

• Select Start , then select Settings .
  • In Settings, select Update & security , then Windows Update , and then select the Check for updates button. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
  • If you didn’t have any updates that required a restart, it’s still a good idea to restart your device to make sure any pending updates are installed.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

The Windows troubleshooting tool could be the quick and easy fix to any problem with your touchscreen.

Do a system search for troubleshooting and select the relevant result. In the new window, click View all from the left-hand menu. From the list that appears, click Hardware and Devices.

Click Next and run the wizard through. The tool will automatically detect issues and then repair them. However, it’s by no means comprehensive and you may need to carry on reading.

Also, Did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen? 

• This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, please use the HP website to download all the latest drivers for your device using this link: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.