Medz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pro X2 612 G2, no touch screen after system reset

HP Recommended
HP Pro X2 612 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I inherited this tablet with keyboard from my sister who had it working fine. I immediately reset the unit erasing everything using the cloud restore option. So a bootable USB was created and a clean version of windows 10 pro installed. I updated windows fully and installed all drivers from the HP site but to my surprise I have lost all tablet functionality. In device manager there is an error at the Wacom device: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the HID descriptor failed.

Windows system also states no pen or touch input available for this device.

I updated the BIOS and still nothing. In the BIOS the specs shows touch screen with a check mark. However when I try to run diagnostics in the BIOS by clicking F2, there is no touch screen test in the component test area. Please tell me there is a fix, a friend of mine did the same reset I did and ended up with the same result.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation