epseja
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Prodesk 400 G5 WIN 10 PRO 64 bit - Flickering Monitor

HP Recommended
Prodesk 400 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've added a 2nd monitor to the PC using a VGA > VGA cable (HP W2071d), first monitor is using DP > DP cable (Dell P2419H).  First monitor works flawlessly.

The 2nd monitor works fine for about 10 minutes, then goes black for a few seconds, then back on.  This repeats all day without stopping.  While on, there is glitching and artifacting seen on the second screen -- an obvious sign of a video signal issue.

I have tested the monitor and cables, both are fine.  I have verified I have the latest HP supplied video drivers (even though Intel's published drivers are more up to date, but can't be installed because of your proprietary-driver-only lockdown).  I have verified my BIOS is up to date.

This is most certainly an HP video driver related issue, and from what I read online I am by far not the only one having the issue, which still remains unsolved for well over a year.  When can your customers expect an updated video driver to be released?

System SpecsSystem Specs

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation