Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP T630
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a HP T630 Thin Client with the optional VGA port on it.  I had the machine set up at one location with dual monitors, one in a DisplayPort port, and one in a VGA port, and everything worked fine.  I moved the entire setup, peripherals and all, to a new desk.  But for some reason now, the dual monitors will not work anymore.

The thin client has 2 DisplayPort ports, and I didn't think to make note of which one it was plugged in to before moving it, but I have tried both ports, and they do the same thing.  If both a DisplayPort and VGA cable are plugged in, the DP monitor works, but the VGA just turns amber, and the thin client doesn't even detect it.  If I unplug the DP monitor, the VGA monitor fires right up without missing a beat.  If I plug the DP monitor back in, it immediately turns off the VGA monitor again.

Individually, both monitors work, but together, only the DP monitor works.  Keep in mind, I turned everything off for 10 minutes to relocate the equipment, only to run in to this issue when I booted everything back up.  I have double and triple checked connections, everything is as it was, but I'm at a loss for what to do regarding the dual monitors.  I know how to configure dual monitors once the machine has detected both of them, but I can't get that to happen.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, I am all ears!  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It's likely you already found an answer to this question but I am replying for anyone who finds this via google, these thin clients do not support using all video outputs at the same time. From what I have found only two will work at the same time. If you wanted to use more than two monitors you can use a display port splitter, display port daisy chain, or (and I haven't tested this personally) a usb video output with displaylink graphics. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.