Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 600PC, Model #600-1050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I have the HP Touchsmart 600 that lacks a HDMI port.  I would like to hook up an additional monitor and would like some input on the best way to achieve it.  The HP only has the USB 2.0 ports so i was thinking I could get a USB to VGA adapter.  Would that work??  Please advise.  My academic career would benefit greatly if I can hook up this second monitor.

Thank You in advance,

Melissa 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shoeshopgirl I went through the product specifications of your device and I'm afraid this device is obsolete, 

There are no HDMI output ports as you've rightly mentioned and the USB port may or may not support video conversion, since HP doesn't support using 3rd party adapters/converters, I suggest you check with a local tech to be on a safer side.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.