billy56
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Z24 daisy chaining with usb-c and displayport

HP Recommended
HP Z24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a laptop with a thunderbolt 3 port which supports DisplayPort 1.2, and I have a cable from my laptop's thunderbolt port to the first monitor's usb-c DisplayPort input and this works perfectly. Then I have a DisplayPort cable connected from that monitor's DisplayPort out port to the 2nd HP Z24 monitor's DisplayPort in. However, the 2nd monitor does not get any signal. Why doesn't the 2nd monitor have any signal when all protocols support daisy chaining?

laptop thunderbolt ---(usb-c  to usb-c cable)---> HP Z24 (#1) usb-c DisplayPort in                // this works

P Z24 (#1) DisplayPort out ---(DisplayPort to Displayport cable)---> P Z24 (#2) DisplayPort in    // this does not work

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation