Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Z27 noises during idle

HP Recommended
HP Z27

My HP Z27 monitor makes an odd "chirping" noise from the area where the power cable connects to the display. The noise occurs when the monitor is powered on but is in standby mode (i.e. not displaying anything). It also makes a bunch of noise when it starts up.

I tried swapping out the cable and I tried switching outlets, neither had any effect. I contacted HP and they sent me a replacement unit today, but I plugged it in and I'm having the same exact issue.

The only way to make it stop is to:

- display something

- turn the power _switch_ off (the two-way switch, not the button)

- unplug the power cable

Here is a link to a recording of the sound. Here is a thread where others describe the exact same issue.

Has anyone ever dealt with this? I could get in the habit of just switching the full power supply off instead of letting the monitor idle, but it seems like a pain and I don't know if the noise is a sign that something else is wrong.

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation