Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ZR24w Monitor VGA & DVI ports ok but not Displayport

HP Recommended
HP ZR24w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My monitor had been hooked up to the displayport and had been working fine but suddenly the screen went blank and on rebooting "check video cable" message appeared. Had trouble getting the OSD to work even after connecting to VGA. I followed the various troubleshooting tips and finally got the monitor working but not displayport. I tried changing out cables with no effect. I then installed a graphics card which worked with DVI and VGA connections but not with Dispalyport. I then tried the monitor with a different computer  and had the same issues ie , no displayport connection.  Could this be hardware related to the monitor and if so how should I go about identifying and fixing this?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation