Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If the monitor does the same thing in more than one unit, but other monitors plugged into those computers are fine, then you have a bad monitor.

Todd

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think so. I have two Dell and a Samsung, they work fine in all my computers.

HP Recommended

This same thing just started happening to me.  HP 2310m monitor.  Same situation on multiple computers.  Screen image shows up for about 1-2 seconds after computer reboot and goes dark.  Power button is on and the blue light is showing.  I've tried HDMI, DVI and VGA.  All with the same results.

If the monitor is considered broken, what are my options?  Does anyone have any idea which part is bad?  I've had it for a few years so I expect that the warranty is no longer valid.

HP Recommended

I'm wondering if this is the same issue I have been having?

I have a new HP Envy Recline 23" and since upgrading it to Windows8.1 I have been having the monitor blank out after exatly 1 minute and no matter what I did (but mind you, HP hasn't got windows8.1 drivers out yet for my model) I couldn't get it to stop doing it... and I tried a lot of things!

But the last few things I did was go to my "Power Options" setting and created my own "Power Plan". I also tweaked the "Change advance power settings".../Sleep /Allow Hybrid Sleep: OFF

...And just for good measures I did a restart and it didn't work 😞

But then strangeness happens...

I went and had dinner and I know that my HP Envy 23" went blank screen (after the one minute) just before I left.

I came back only to realise that my mouse nor keyboard could wake up my desktop form its sleep. I then realised that my HP Envy 23" had completely turned itself off!!! Completely... no "blue on light" was visible.

So I pushed the power switch to on and my system booted up very quickly (but first I had the blue HP logo come up) into the screen that I left - I learnt something new here because Windows8.1 left everything as is 🙂

Now for the good news! I got occupied with my iMac right next to my HP Envy 23" and realised that at least 5-7 minutes had passed and my HP's screen was still on!!! Wow! No more 1 minute blank outs and I have been costing along ever since with no reacurring problems 🙂

Ok, I hope this is of help?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am luck that I got my monitor replaced under the warranty. I think you'd better call their customer service. Hope they can help you out.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.