07-24-2016 01:36 AM
07-24-2016 11:40 AM
Hi there @1328,
I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand that your notebook went blank prior to entering a password, and the notebook is not starting properly I am happy to help with this.
Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?
Assuming for now you are using either Windows 8, or 10, try out one of thes following:
Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8)