Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot_20210526-223720.jpg

Hello,

This has happened before, about a half year ago. Id turn on my laptop, loading screen usually starts up fine. If i wait 20 min, my screen starts acting up. My screen turns into a tint of blue with bright white stripes towards the left side (tiny stripe and big fat one) i can still identify the background, however. So this happened before. It gradually went back to normal by itself over the course of a couple of months. Laptop worked just fine since past October. It just now started acting up again. It looks just like in the picture i attached here. Once the screen messed up, screen goes black. Laptop still running. This is very frustrating and would appreciate if someone could point me into the right direction. I don't ever really use it's touch screen or tablet mode, because I thought maybe this might trigger it. I did however start closing the screen and maybe this is just a wild guess, but maybe that's what's triggering it?

IMG_20210523_021943.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you connect to an external TV/monitor is the image normal?

It looks like a panel problem.

Can you provide the exact model or product number

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

Model #: 15-df0043dx

It works like a dream when connected to a monitor / screen other than the one that's attached.

What can be done? 😞

HP Recommended

Most likely you will need to replace the screen. It is a very expensive part

part number L38114-001

Example

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=L38114-001&_sacat=0

You could take it to a good local repair shop and see if they can do something. Sometimes the slim panel is slightly bent which can increase if the hinges are not perfect. So when you open the notebook it deforms the panel slightly at the base.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.