Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i am having the same situation with my monitor.  has anyone heard of a resolution from  hp

HP Recommended

Guys I have fixed mine! The keyboard was causing the problem

Open Msconfig and disable all start up items. To open msconfig, 

type msconfig in to the start menu and disable all start up items... then keep checking each one and restart until you find the culprit! 

HP Recommended
My experience is blown capacitor(s) in the electronics inside the monitor. I have fixed several (not all HP) by replacing/soldering the caps. Typically they are 1000uF and/or 470 uF caps and I got replacements at RadioShack. Note the working voltage of the blown caps and replace with equal or higher working voltage caps. The blown caps will typically appear with a bulge on the top (not flat). Getting the monitor apart is most of the work. Limited unsoldering/soldering is needed.
HP Recommended

Check your power options in your control panel. The monitor may be set to turn off after a few seconds

HP Recommended
Factory Reset appears to have worked for me for now...
HP Recommended
I have this problem please email me or post the solution thnk you
HP Recommended

Minimum 4 sec. my pc moniter.

plz sloves this problem

i also check moniter cable & power cable but not sloves this problem

plz sent me sollution of this problem

HP Recommended

first I get a word that I clicked on,  staying highlighted on my screen, then my mouse freezes, and then the monitor goes black, and I can't get anything, until I turn power off.

Thank you 

HP Recommended

What do you do if unable to use menu if screen is black? 

HP Recommended

Ah, the infamous screen-going-black-for-no-apparent-reason error. It's happened to me a lot, and when I felt my monitor, it was pretty hot. It may be because it has overheated. It also does that when I play games and change the screen res. I would recommend turning off your monitor and waiting a few minutes before turning it back on. Things overheat just like computers do. If this does not work, try again the next day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.