Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP x23LED 23-inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I friend of mine gave me x 2 HP x23LED 23-inch LED Backlit LCD Monitors to use side by side.

one works fine, the other has a black edge on the screen on the left hand side that is unusable.

its like the whole screen has moved over to the right. If i use this screen on its own its moved enough that i cant see the clock in the right hand side.

This issue is the same if i use the screen on its own or as the two extended desktop

The mouse pointer will not go into the the area of the monitor that is black, its like its the edge of the screen 

I dont believe that section of the screen is dead because if i pull up the on screen options to try and move the horizontal axis the little menu box can travel onto that black strip and i can choose options on there also.

I have tried auto adjust ... I have tried to change the resolution .. i have tried to manually move the horizontal as far to the left as possible, it goes to the black edge but doesnt move to the bezel of the monitor where it should be.  

Both monitors settings are the same 

I have added a picture to try and explain it better 

Any ideas ?? !! Cheers 

IMG_9880[1].JPG 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Additional - I have also tried different VGA cables. same result  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.