rpy1000
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP z27n g2 delivering power but no signal through USB-C

HP Recommended
HP Z27n G2
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Howdy. I have two HP Z27n g2 monitors and a 2019 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15 (not an option in the dropdown). Everything works fine for one monitor using the USB-C input. But the other will only deliver power through the USB-C port, not a video signal.

Identical set up (same cable, same port on the mac, etc) works on my other Z27n G2 (tho' I purchased them at different times), and the Mac recognizes the problematic monitor with an HDMI input. The port is on (energy saver mode is off). I do get an "unsupported cable" message on both monitors, but it still works on the one. It must be an issue with that monitor's settings somehow. Thoughts?

Note: I'm not trying to run two monitors at the same time. I mean, I am, but that's not the issue. The problematic monitor will not work by itself.

Thanks so much!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation