Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (416 Views)

HP27ea Monitor flashing when set to main display

Product Name: HP27ea
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm currently running a dual monitor setup, in which I want my HP27ea monitor to be my main display. But, when it's set to be my main display, it will flash black occasionally. It either flashes once or twice, or a ton of times and I have to manually swap it from being my main monitor to my second and back again. I've tried reinstalling drivers, and yes the cables are plugged in all the way.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

Re: HP27ea Monitor flashing when set to main display

Hi@ScrungusMcBungu,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in fixing the flashing of the screen. Is that, correct?

Firstly, I appreciate the effort you have shown in trying to fix the issue and the steps you have carried out.

This appears to be port (Hardware) issue and the PC might have to be sent in for repair.

I would like to know if the second monitor is connected to the port, even then the monitor flickers of stays steady?

If it flickers, then you will have to use the link below to get in touch with the phone support.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (344 Views)

I highly doubt its a problem with my port. I just recently upgraded my gpu, so the ports are brand new. The flashing still persists.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (341 Views)

Hey@ScrungusMcBungu,

Thanks for the response.

Then, try running the diagnostics on your PC and check if that finds any faults in any of the internal components on your PC.

Use the link to know more on diagnostics.

http://hp.care/2iEyghK

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Student
Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)

I have this issue too. It's not my PC. It doesn't do it with any other monitors, only this one.

I will be taking these monitors back for a refund.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation