cancel
tdejarnett Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have a 22er monitor that keeps giving error input signal not found and then going black

HP 22er 3cm72301rc
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have been using this monitor as a second monitor for my iMac. Up until today, it has worked perfectly. Today it started going black, then giving me the error message "input signal not found," and then after a minute, it comes back on again. This is happening over and over again making the HP monitor useless.  

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,353 16,212 1,076 1,734
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have a 22er monitor that keeps giving error input signal not found and then going black

@tdejarnett,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Have you checked the monitor on a different computer?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes?

NOTE: HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. However, newer Macs use graphics with VESA modes and can display to most HP LCD monitors. To do this, connect the monitor to the Mac while the Mac is off, and then turn on the MAC. The monitor should operate at 60Hz. The INF and software for the HP monitor are for Microsoft Windows and cannot be run in a standard MAC OS environment.

While you respond to that, I recommend you perform a monitor self-test and check.

Here is how it is done.

1.Power off both your computer and the monitor.

2.Disconnect the signal cable from the back of the computer.

3.Power on the monitor.

Note:

Depending on your monitor, While in the Self-Test mode, the monitor's LED power indicator remains on and the Check Signal Cable figure moves around on the screen.

If your monitor alternate between 2 boxes Analog and Digital that is normal, as some monitors supports both Digital and analog signal.

Test Results:

a)  If you see any of the above check cable signals, that mean the problem is not related to your monitor, please check your graphics card.

b)  If you see the first figure with one of the colors missing, that means your monitor requires service.

c)  If you are unable to see any of the figures. But the light of the monitor is on, it means your monitor requires service.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tguardino17 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im having the same issues with the 22er monitor.

It's saying the HDMI is inactive.

It also say "input signal not found" and the LED light stays yellow, turns on to the bright white, and then goes back into sleep mode.

I'm using a mac and I use this computer with another monitor at work with no problem. 

Can you please provide a solution?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation