Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, I have an HP Paviillion all in one, 27" touch screen . I need to connect a dell monitor, but it is  not recognized by pc. Does anyone have a solution please?  Much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
To try to find a solution, you should at least know what it is all about.
We need more information, the exact model of the computer.
And of the screen used, with what type of connection Cable etc to connect the two?
The screen is not recognized, do you have a message on the screen?
Screen 1 always gives it the display

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your reply

- it's an HP Pavilion All-in-One, Product Number Z5M04AA#ABA, 27" touch screen

I am trying to connect a Dell P2720D monitor

The Dell monitor came with a USB cable and a DP cable, and there is no DP port on the Pavilion.  We ordered a DP male to HDMI male cable, but it is not helping.

The error message on the Dell monitor is "No DP signal from your device"

We tried different input sources on the dell monitor (Auto, DP and HDMI) and nothing works.

HP Recommended

sorry i may not understand well ..
The computer has an HDMI output

27-a230 PC Product Specifications

FangioT 27 back I/O ports

7 HDMI out

I have the product page of the screen but in French

https://www.dell.com/fr-fr/shop/%C3%A9cran-dell-27-p2720d/apd/210-auoq/moniteurs-et-accessoires-de-m...
This screen also seems to have an HDMI port, if the cable is not delivered, you must get one!
It is not specified for the pc I think, but the screen is:

Port HDMI 1.4

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.