Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am having serious problems with the brightness of this monitor  I have the setting on 100% and yet the screen display is still not bright enough,  Is there anything that I can do to boost the brightness of the display .  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Relayer74
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried connecting the computer to an external monitor?

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo Lake, thank you for responding to my question, my friend.  I have an HP Envy All-In-One with built in Bang and Olufsen speakers.  The computer is functioning perfectly fine, and I love it.  It's just that the display is not bright enough.  Even with the brightness settings at 100% the monitor still looks dimly lit.  I really need to figure out a way to boost the brightness settings for the display to look right.  I just don't get it.  I can't imagine I'm the only person that has experienced this problem before either.   The product number of the device is M9Z75AA#ABA.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Relayer74
Thank you for posting back. 

• Have you adjusted the display brightness using the function keys?
  • Did you check if the brightness is dim on an alternate/external monitor?
  • Are you using any software which changes the display's color temperature according to location and time of day?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: Adjust the display brightness using the function keys

• To make the display brighter, hold the fn key on the keyboard and press the f10 key  repeatedly, or this key .

Or
  • To make the display dimmer, hold the fn key on the keyboard and press the f9 key  repeatedly, or this key .

If the display is still dim, proceed to the next step. CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Please reply with the exact product information to identify the graphic card details,  Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

And, also try this method if you've not tried:

1. Click start select All settings
  2. select System
  3. select Display
  4. Increase the Brightness Level to 100%.

Also, go to Settings >

• Display
  • Advanced Display Settings
  • Display Adapter Properties
  • Then Properties
  • Driver Tab
  • Update Driver button.​​​​​​​

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo Lake, I appreciate all these steps you've provided my friend, but none of that worked.  In fact, I've had two different tech support people remotely access this computer to try and fix the problem.  They tried everything from updating drivers to resetting factory defaults and nothing has worked so far.  I just don't understand what is going on.  I don't remember the display being this dim when we first got the machine.  What should I do?

HP Recommended

@Relayer74
Thank you for posting back. 

• Have you checked the display in the BIOS environment?

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check the screen brightness: 

• Turn off your computer
  • Make sure you have connected the power cable
  • Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly. 

If you do see the same display issue in the BIOS environment then its a hardware related issue, 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.