Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy Recline 23

So at Christmas I got a Google home hub and found out I needed a Chromecast to be able to do anything TV wise with my Google home, but when I plugged this into the hdmi on my Envy it comes up and has sound but looks like you viewing everything through pink glass.

After much searching I have taken the chromecast out and tried my switch to find no issues, but did read that it could be a settings issue on the Hdmi itself and was wondering how I would go about viewing to settings as months of Google searches has come up with no answer to how to fix this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sj1983 As mentioned before, this is a known compatibility issue with Chromecast and here's the official statement of Google on the same:

I hope that helps!

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Sj1983 Does the pink screen appear when you push the Chromecast all the way in or move it around to check for loose connections?

• If it doesn't, you may want to upgrade the BIOS, Chipset and the graphics card drivers using the HP website: Click here to find and install the same.
  • If it does, this could be either a port issue or the device isn't getting connected properly, so you may want to get it replaced.
    • If the port is the issue, please check if other devices work fine on the HDMI port or if the Chromecase works on an alternate device.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

so i have all the drivers updated to the latest.

the chromcast works fine on other hdmi screen conections and as previously mentioned i have used my Switch on the HP Envy Hdmi without issue.

I dont really have any knowlege on BIOS but have been reading up on loose connections and it this is the case, I believe i would have to open up the unit to insure that the hdmi hasnt come loose but cannot see that to be the case as the Switch works fine just the chromecast the the HP Envy fail to comumicate

HP Recommended

and in regards to your first question the screen is pink regardless on trying to move the cable or just fully inserted

HP Recommended

@Sj1983 Alright, thanks for confirming the same, I checked the details and here's what I saw, this seems to be a known issue with chromecast and certain hardware: Click here

That said, please update the graphics card of your device as suggested before, and let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All drivers are up to date inc the graphics card and still pink, I'm guessing this is a communication issue as when I reset the chromecast the first logo shows as it's normal white but then turns pink from the next screen which is the connection screen and stays pink, which only happens when loading the device which connected to the hp this isn't the case on my LG TV 

HP Recommended

@Sj1983 As mentioned before, this is a known compatibility issue with Chromecast and here's the official statement of Google on the same:

I hope that helps!

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ah this didn't show up for some reason on your previous link, thanks for clarifying.

Fingers crossed that will be the issue solved

HP Recommended

@Sj1983 As far as I know, considering this is an issue with the Google device, their update should do the trick,

Either way, keep me posted as I'd love to see that through.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.