Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My monitor will not display anything, everything is plugged in, but the monitor is showing as "input signal not found" and that HDMI 1 and 2 are "inactive. It’s the brand new monitor
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Product name:hp 25es
HP Recommended

Hey there! @HateMonday, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand when you connect an external monitor to your PC there is no display on the monitor.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different HDMI cable?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have display issues with your PC there is no display on the external monitor.

Try checking with a different monitor or different cable and check if it helps.

Try connecting the monitor to a different PC and check if you are able to see the display.

If you are able to see the display on another PC. It is an issue with the PC you are connecting try the steps recommended below.

Press Fn key + F4 key to extend the displays.

Extend your display by changing display settings.
a. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution
b. Click the drop-down list next to Multiple displays, click Extend these displays, and then click OK.

If the issue still persists uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and install the latest graphics driver and BIOS on your PC.

If you are using an HP PC, You can update the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still don’t work I try everything 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.