Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook HP ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Working with a 1366x768 resolution is almost impossible nowadays. For example app menus (like Word or Chrome) takes a lot of screen space.

I tried to set up a custom resolution using Intel Graphic Command Center Tool, but it says "Custom Resolution is not supported on Internal Display".

Is there a way to overcome this limitation? Maybe with specific video driver?

Running Linux is not a problem because I can set dpi to 72. But Windows 10 does not allow a dpi below 96 (that is the 100% scale settings in the video options).

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@nicvac wrote:

Working with a 1366x768 resolution is almost impossible nowadays.

@nicvac 

That is the physical number of lights on display panel. The series has 3 options as shown on page 1 of the following Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06200645.pdf

If you wish, you can buy the right part and replace it yourself using information from page 65

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

thank you for your reply.

I cannot replace hardware parts on this laptop.

On Linux side the issue has been fixed just setting the dpi to 72 on desktop manager (gnome).

Because it is possible on Linux, I think I could be fixed the same (or similar) way in Windows too, for example creating a custom resolution with Intel Graphics Command Center. But this one says it cannot do it on my HP laptop.

How can I set 72 dpi on Windows 10? Or how can I enable custom resolution on my HP laptop?

Best,

Nicola

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.