Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite desktop

PLEASE HELP ME:

My son received an hp Elite desktop computer w/ 2 monitors & keyboard & so forth. Anyways, it's my understanding that in order to hook up both monitors to the pc, I need to have 2 vga cords..... Correct?? The pc also doesn't have any HDMI ports in it! It does however have a "DisplayPort to VGA" cord that has a VGA hook-up(female) on one end of the cord. Sooo can I use that for the monitors to hookup to the pc or how the heck am I supposed to do this??!! I'm totally lost! And the only other cord the computer package came with was an HDMI cord. 

I've not a clue how to do this! Please let me know any ideas💡 you've got or whatever. Thanks a when bunch!

~~Rae~~                             Feb. 1st, 2021

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gr8ful_24 , welcome to the Community!  Thank you for the levity.  We all need a good laugh in this climate (not laughing at you, but with you!)  I know how you feel when it comes to connecting dual monitors.  What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  Also, what are the Product Numbers for the monitors.  I need to know which connectors they have on them.

I will get you up and running once I have the information.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster, thanks for replying to my question so quickly. I will get the information you've asked for when I get home from work tonight. My internet service has been down/not working correctly for the last few days due to the huge snow storm we had in the northeast. It makes me dislike snow even more!! Anyways, again thanks! I'll be in touch later.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Gr8ful_24!

My wife and I love snow because we don't have to get out in it!  You can send some of yours to the Pacific Northwest.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.