Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-One 24-g018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I am going to be starting a new job in a few weeks, and for this job, I have to set up a 2nd monitor for an extended desktop. I have an HP All-in-One 24-g018 system, and it looks like I have a few USB ports, as well as an HDMI port. 

I would like some advice on what I need to look for in the new monitor that I purchase, it has to be 24" - and if I need any additional cords or anything with it. I think I can just plug a second monitor into the HDMI port on my all in one, but I'm not sure if it's an HDMI in/out only, so would I need to purchase some type of adapter?

So my questions are, what type of connection ability does my secondary monitor have to have in order to use it with my all in one, and how would I go about hooking the second monitor up to my all in one to use it as an extended desktop?

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mrsweiss2010

Thanks for letting me know. I seemed to have misunderstood your post. Yes, in that case HDMI is sufficient 🙂 No extra adapter is needed. Just an HDMI cable. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know if there's anything else that I may help you with. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@mrsweiss2010

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to connect your HP All-in-One - 24-g018 to an external monitor. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

The HP All-in-One - 24-g018 has an HDMI and a USB 3.0 port. So, you can connect one monitor using HDMI and for the 2nd monitor, you'll need a USB 3.0 to Video Adapter. Connect your computer to the USB to Video Adapter with your USB cable.

Depending on the inputs available on your second monitor, connect it to the USB to Video Adapter with an HDMI, DVI-D or DVI to VGA cable.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the blue "Thumbs up".  

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m using the all in one monitor, and I just want to have a second monitor, so I have the all in one as one monitor, and then a second - so I have two monitors total to use as an extended setup. 

So all I need to hook up the second monitor would be an hdmi cable? That will be able to give me the extended desktop setup I’m looking for?

thanks!

HP Recommended

@mrsweiss2010

Happy to hear back from you. 

Yes, you can connect one monitor using the HDMI but for the other monitor, you will need a USB to video adapter (depending on the port that'll you be using on the 2nd monitor). For example - USB to HDMI or USB to VGA adapter.. The one end of the adapter will go into the USB 3.0 port of the computer and another end to the monitor. 

Let me know. 

To help the community find this post, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", have a good day.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don’t need to connect two. The all in one is it’s own monitor. I need to connect one monitor to the all in one so that I have two total.

HP Recommended

@mrsweiss2010

Thanks for letting me know. I seemed to have misunderstood your post. Yes, in that case HDMI is sufficient 🙂 No extra adapter is needed. Just an HDMI cable. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know if there's anything else that I may help you with. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks so much for your help, Asmita! 

HP Recommended

@mrsweiss2010

You are most welcome!

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great Sunday 🙂 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.