Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 24f 24 inch display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a horizontal green line on a monitor I bought 3 months ago. I have done all the research to try and figure it out, but I can't seem to fix it. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@amandopando,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Could you provide me with the correct product information? Is this an HP 24 all in one pc or 24inch Monitor.

Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes before the issue started?

If this happens to be an issue with the monitor, I would recommend you follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Display Quality Issues

Alternatively, If this is an issue with All in one PC, I would recommend you refer to the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Notebook and All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is the monitor, I have tried everything from the quality issue page. Attached is a picture I have taken of the monitor. IMG_4079 22222.jpg

HP Recommended

@amandopando,

Have you tried to connect the Monitor to a different computer and check if the issue persists. If the issue does not occur while connecting to a different computer.

In this scenario, I would suggest you try to update the graphics card on your PC.

Alternatively, if the issue persists even on the on the computer then this could be an issue with the monitor. 

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything you have suggested. The line is still there. Like I said this is only a 3 month old monitor, so it is very frustrating that things are going wrong so soon. 

HP Recommended

@amandopando
Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.