Did you mean: 
curtcrandall
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Horizontal lines across monitor or HP Envy 34 all in one

HP Recommended
HP Envy 34 all in one

I have lines on the video monitor running horizontally.  They start at the left and fade out towards the right.  I have tried HP virtual support and cannot understand it.  I have tried everything you have recommended.  Please assist.

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,015
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@curtcrandall Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Check if it works fine on an external monitor, if not available, check the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support,
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS or the other monitor either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation