Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
la1905wg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm experiencing an issue with my la1905wg where I can't achieve full brightness (as you can see on the picture, the white on the menu is much brighter than the white on windows' notepad). Factory reset can't fix the problem. I had a monitor of other manufacturer with this same behavior and factory reset also couldn't help, until I found a video on youtube where a technician shared a secret where you choose the language on the OSD, select 'english' e keep OK pressed for 5 seconds. That magic made my monitor able to shine like new again.

Does anyone know how to do that on HP monitors?

Thanks!

la1905wgla1905wg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

OK OSD colors good. and bright

not bad CCFL back lamps

NO PC told

no cables told, vga,DP or DVI.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

no 2 monitors made are the same (unless LA1905wg) same.

no 2 makers are the same.

NO PC told no connections told VGA, DP or DVI.

The monitor and PC must plug and play to work right,  is the unstated PC internet connected SO IT  CAN/?

That Samsung MON has problems or you hot plugged it and made it go nuts. did you?

I guess you never tried the front  auto/ok)  button on the monitor HP .   this resets the lines to try default settings based on inputs from PC did you do that yet?????????

if your quesitons are about w10 ? remote settings of the old monitor say so. clearly , as that may not be supported.

but NO PC told, who could ever guess that.?

HP Recommended

I don't know why the forum is not showing the picture I uploaded...

I thought it was the lamps too, but aren't they responsible for the menu too? The brightness white bar on the menu is what reveals that the white on Windows is not really 100% as it is on the menu.

HP Recommended

the photos are delayed (for inspection, no PRON and all that) dig??

it  is the lamps.

how can it not be that, 9  years is 2times normal life, tell me how it can not have bad CCFL, answer I have one  sitting in my attic now parked for 9 years, and is good. see? hours matter !! for sure here.

that is right the OSD will be dim if CCFL dim , there is only ONE BACK lamp here.

The brightness white bar on the menu is what reveals that the white on Windows is not really 100% as it is on the menu.

i am very sorry I can not understand this.

if OSD shows good (does it? ) for brighness and contrast)

and windows does not that means your video card driver is WRONG, or, (GPU card) or not really supported in windows 10s driver

tell what OSD does? first.

HP Recommended

only the most modern PCs and monitors support (NO PC told at alL)

remote brightness via the magic of Edid chip on both machines, mon /PC

the chip and very special  software and driver and modern monitors allow that. NO PC told yet.

i can even show the binary commands that PC sends to monitor to do that. Edid is standard but not on old PCs or mon.

vesa evolution is complex we can talk that all day.+

if I knew what PC this was. we';d know all that.

HP Recommended

"if OSD shows good (does it? ) for brighness and contrast)

and windows does not that means your video card driver is WRONG, or, (GPU card) or not really supported in windows 10s driver

tell what OSD does? first."

Yes, the OSD is good.

I tried to change color and brightness configurations on nvidia control panel to see if it's not a software thing, but I was unable to match the white displayed on the OSD with 100% bright. I see the same difference when I connect it on raspberry pi.

That's the "trick" that solved this exact same issue on my 633nw:

https://youtu.be/56uGC9famO8

Passo a passo: aperte a tecla Menu - seta para baixo até a opção LANGUAGE, selecione LANGUAGE ENGLISH, selecione ENGLISH agora aperte e segure por 5 segundos. O monitor vai piscar e voltar ao normal. Dê seu like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ajude-nos a melhorar o nosso canal. Contribua depositando qualquer
HP Recommended

still NO PC TOLD,  why not tell that first, as always, or answer got to the extreme.

the PC tells me if it is desktop or is ALL in one PC called AIO and what model the PC is.?????????

this in turn tells the helper what GPU is inside and  what driver matches it perfectly. and ports there, cant see them, not me.

so the strawberry PI fails your test to... but proves nothing, much.  (lacking all facts missing here)

why not test the monitor on  any real PC, known to work correctly,.  ?

best I can tell the Nvidia controls can not control your 2011 very old  monitor. 

what GPU port are you using, on PC

what Port on the monitor it has 3, which one? VGA does not work with edid remote adjustment  on most PCs.

I can not guess what is at your hands nor what is connected nor how.

are you using any kind of video (GPU)  adapter. (like vga to D or hdv

the actual cable can be bad too, for sure bent or missing pins on either end.

if only I could see your PC , rear and cables to Monitor.

wow. then tell PC model , HP? what PC it has a name and model for sure.

if a laptop that is off topic here.

I have raseberry Pi here connected to my TV via HDMI.  works great. (a virtual Roku I made)

so is this all HMDI, cables?

there is no way to help you lacking  all these facts not told. sorry

this is not HP. and is only VGA< are you using only VGA, Ive no idea what you have. there.

Samsung SyncMaster 633NW (old)

show rear of you PC first so we can play what PC this is , game , might fun.  GOOD luck to you.

VGA can have great limits, it is very old interface and is NOT smart monitor like todays.

The VGA in fact many not work at all on the ID  pins to the unstated PC (eDID comm)

monitor can be 2009 old (made for 4 years) and my not all be the same, in truth? 2010 is huge transitional year for all monitor and all LDC laptops.

the only monitor driver and display assistant here here , NOT FOR W10

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-la1905wg-19-inch-widescreen-lcd-monitor/3...

in your first post , photo is now LIVE

you stated

Does anyone know how to do that on HP monitors?

what does THat MEAN.  (NOT TOLD WHAT you wanted,) are you saying the NVIDA driver does not support remote controls of you monitor, if yes, that means 2 things/.

1: your driver is wrong (no PC told no gpu card told no answers possible)

2: or the display does support that feature, at all,  as most did not back in 2009.  NO PC told no cables told.

HP Recommended

NO PC  told yet

that samsung (old) monitor has problems, that you fixed with language button.

so that for sure has nothing to do with any HP product, that is Samsung's problem.

no PC told

no cables told PC to monitor.

you are not hot swapping cables are you,  now that would confuse the monitor. just  don't

VGA

DVI

DP

which is it.?

and are you using adapters on that unstated cable

what PC?

HP Recommended

connect up PC to MON

power on Monitor then PC next,  the monitor will then do PnP sync up.

then use OSD to set up monitor settings (and be happy as most are, on old PC's)

if remote setting from W10 fail ,  only from nvidia control panel this has many causes but are simply 2

1: monitor or its cable does not support the (Edid VESA features sets)to do this act.?

2: nvidia driver does not support THIS monitor.

takes  2 to tango , must.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.