Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I've decided on the ProDesk 400 G6 MiniTower (i7-9700, 16GB RAM) as the PC that best meets my requirements, but I've not ordered yet as I need to hook it up to 4 displays via HDMI and I'm not sure what the best way of achieving that would be. The displays would not be doing anything seriously taxing (gaming, etc) and would be displaying OBS, PowerPoint, Media Player, etc.

I believe it's possible to add a graphics card to the PC whilst still having the onboard display connections active. So would it be better to utilise the existing onboard DisplayPort and HDMI connectors and then add a dual-port HDMI card? Or would it be better to disable the onboard connectors completely and just use the graphics card (e.g. such as the ASUS GT710-4H-SL-2GD5 GeForce GT 710 that has 4 HDMI ports)?

And if I do end up adding a graphics card, would that require an upgraded PSU as well (and if so, which one)? I'm guessing so, as the G6 only comes with a 180W PSU as standard.

I'd be really grateful for any pointers or advice.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.