Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have tried to connect my Nintendo Switch and PS4 Pro via the HDMI input on the back of my HP Envy  Curved All-In-One.

I can the see the output from the Nintendo Switch and PS4 Pro on my HP Envy Curved All-In-One monitor.

The problem:
- The video from the Nintendo and PS4 Pro stretches to the full ultra wide ratio.

What I want:

- A solution to fix the stretching of the picture (I would assume, you should be able to just change the aspect ratio)

What I have tried to do to resolve the issue:

- Tried to change the resolution on the PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch itself. This does not help. Both devices do not match the optimum resolution of the HP Envy  Curved All-In-One.

- I tried to use the OSD (on screen display) but I cannot access OSD while in the HDMI input mode. The best I can do is: Change the volume with the physical interface. This brings up the OSD. However, when I use the keyboard which shipped with the HP Envy  Curved All-In-One to navigate the menu, nothing happens.

Worth noting

- I can plug in a laptop to the HP Envy All-in-One and this work fine because the laptop can produce the optimum resolition.

- Audio works fine

- I can adjust the brightness of the screen while in the HDMI input mode using the F2 and F3 keys on the keyboard shipped with the HP Envy All-in-One.

- I have completed the latest updates from HP via the HP Support Assistant

Can somebody please help. I cannot believe that such an expensive machine, cannot do something as simple as change the aspect ratio. If this was going to be a problem, I would not have purchased this machine. This is a real problem for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.