krmilkman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to permanently disable touchscreen on HP Envy 27-p021

HP Recommended
HP Envy 27-p021
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I didn't know how to add to another post..

I wanted to add-to another post for the following subject:

"How to permanently disable touchscreen on HP Envy 27-p014"

User: envydog  - gave detailed screen shots on how to mechanicaly disable the touch

for a HP Envy 27-p021

I would like to add the following pics to help clarify every step for those non-techies.

***THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE OF A HP Envy 27-p21!

Remove white rubber plugs, there's 1 on each side.Remove white rubber plugs, there's 1 on each side.

Then remove the 2 screws.Then remove the 2 screws.

Slide the cover up half an inch.Slide the cover up half an inch.

Lift off the back cover.Lift off the back cover.

Back of PC with cover removed.Back of PC with cover removed.

Slide this info card down using the tab.Slide this info card down using the tab.

Remove the shield from the motherboard, there are 6 screws.Remove the shield from the motherboard, there are 6 screws.

Pull out this plug.Pull out this plug.This is the tag of the plug..note that it states "TS" for Touch Screen.This is the tag of the plug..note that it states "TS" for Touch Screen.Place plug out of the way and put parts back on in reverse of these steps.Place plug out of the way and put parts back on in reverse of these steps.

1 REPLY 1
JohnnyBL8
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post as I have the same problem with a HP TouchSmart 620 and although slightly different to get apart with a different plug position it works great now. (only one screw left over.) This has been an issue for a long time slowly getting worse so thanks for your help and effort posting.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation