Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 2311
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can the inverter be replaced on a Hp 2311 Desktop Monitor?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rikirud

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

A dark tint would refer to the same predicament you are in, as this could be a backlight failure considering the image is visible only while using a flashlight, that said, I'm afraid we don't deal with replacement of internal components if you haven't found those parts on the websites I shared earlier, the only other option is to Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service for your device:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rikirud

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the HP Pavilion 2311x Monitor has a Dark Screen,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Is that a dark tint over the screen or is there no more display due to a backlight failure?

Considering, you've got right to the point about replacing the inverter, did you have an HP Tech troubleshoot the issue or was that DIY?

While you respond to that, I must let you know that HP does deal with replacing individual monitor parts, however, you may try the HP PARTS SURFER to find the universal part number, which in turn could be used to purchase the part either on the HP PARTS STORE or any local retailer.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I don't know what you mean by "Dark Tint", but I can see the desktop when I hold a flashlight

up to the screen. No technician, I just know the same situation on a laptop, can be repaired by

replacing the inverter.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@rikirud

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

A dark tint would refer to the same predicament you are in, as this could be a backlight failure considering the image is visible only while using a flashlight, that said, I'm afraid we don't deal with replacement of internal components if you haven't found those parts on the websites I shared earlier, the only other option is to Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service for your device:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.