cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cybergates2000
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Touchscreen not working with Uknown USB device - Device descriptor failed Code 43

HP Recommended
24-b017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having this same issue as someone else who posted this error on HP Pavilion 24-B012la.   Mine is 24-B017c.  Same issue

HP Touchscreen doesn't work

Device manager shows: Unknown USB device - Device descriptor failed Code 43

^ The above appears to be related to the touchscreen issue - we are missing the driver for this and it's no where on the HP downloads site for this particular PC.  

Touchscreen doesn't work after latest windows update -I've done all updates and even a clean install.  HP support techs will just keep telling you to download drivers etc. but it's clearly an HP issue and I hope someone will escalate this to driver support or higher tier support so they can issue the correct Bios or firmware update/driver update.  

1 REPLY 1
Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no driver for the TS because the TS support is built in to Windows 10 on all HP All-in-Ones.

If you've done a clean install, then there's not much more you can do except perhaps check in BIOS under 'security' that internal USB ports are enabled (TS and webcam run off internal USB)

You only need 3rd party drivers for TS on weird 'one-off' type machines like Kogan put out.

Oh, you could also try the HP UEFI diags and run a TS test (It'll ask you to touch all the squares) If it works in diags, then it's a Windows issue, if you get no response from the TS test, then it's a hardware issue.

Run UEFI diags by tappinf F2 when you turn the machine on. If you've wiped the diags when you did a clean install, just download and install them from the HP website.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation