Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
24-b017cExample: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So this Is the Costco HP 24 inch pavilion on one touch desktop

Everything was working fine until the 1903 windows update. Touch screen stopped working after this update. Intermittently I have been able to get it working, it appears to be clearly some sort of driver issue. It started working briefly again after the 1909 update. But stopped working again.   

It’s not a hardware issue it passes the bios touch screen test. And has been updated to the latest bios and drivers using HP support assistant

any ideas? 

it’s something to do w the graphics driver or chipset drivers that I was able to get it working briefly but windows update updates the drivers and it stops working (touch)

is this a known issue?  Thx

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Cybergates2000

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the updates issue.

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok I tried Steps 1, 2, 3 as above and still the touch screen is not working. 

This is windows 10 version 1909.  HP 24-b017c Pavillion AIO PC.  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Cybergates2000

Download the BIOS and Graphics driver from this link.

Also, try these steps - HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This worked for me on Win10. Downloaded the HP Touch Screen Filter Driver (At HP driver downloads under Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices). Installing it did not work, but then went to Device Manager, Human Interface Devices, under HID Compliant Touch Screen, Update Driver, Browse to the downloaded drivers and installed it manually that way. 

HP Recommended

Same issue.  Dec. 18th the update came.  I had sporadic use of my touch screen.  I would restart and sometimes it would work.  Then it just got worse by the day.  I did all of the suggested resets that are stated on this page.  Then I finally payed the $49 to HP technical support thinking that they would be able to resolve the problem.  All 3 tech guys that worked with me wanted to take the easy way out by doing a factory reset.  I was not about this because I knew that Windows version that they would re-install would mess up all of my documents, which it did.  They also promised to reload my Apps, which they didn't.  After all of this, the touch screen still isn't working and they are telling me it's a hardware problem, and for the low low price of $350, they will send me a box to ship my computer to them to repair it.  I know it was caused by the update.  My screen was working fine before the update.  I didn't drop my machine or have anything done to damage it.  The one tech admitted that the Windows update was corrupted and there were many complains.  Because I waited longer then 10 days, they were not able to go back to the previous update version.  So now what do I do?  If HP knows that Windows put out a corrupted update, shouldn't they go after Windows on behalf of their customers?  This is absolutely wrong on all levels.

HP Recommended

@GEMIII1967 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issue with touchscreen after windows 1903 update.

In that case, I would suggest you clean reinstall the operating system, that originally came with this computer. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.