Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hello. I have a pavilion dv7 mn is HSTNN-C50C .I can push power button and it turns on, the fan turns on and lights and everything turns on exceot the screen .The caps lock light flases 4 times every 2 to 3 secs .Can anyone help me figure out the problem .i also have taken the memory sticks out and put back in, I've also done the take battery out and put back in trick .i would love anyone's help .thank you in advance.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @Nathan19 

Did you try inserting only one stick of memory???

Then  remove it and test the second stick???

REO

HP Recommended

Hi,

4 blinks usually indicate a problem with the graphics controller on the motherboard. You should bring to your local trusted technician and see if anything can be done.

Regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.