cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaH_in_VB
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I bought a $900 Touchscreen computer that's NO LONGER a Touchscreen! HP Support wants MORE $!

HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b010 All-in-One (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I paid almost a $1000 for an HP Touchscreen computer and the touchscreen as well as the pen and touch Drivers are no longer on my computer. I have touchscreen for awhile and then POOF, it's GONE! I NEED my touchscreen back! I have spent almost a month and over 40 hours trying to get this issue fixed, but STILL NO TOUCHSCREEN!

I've done ALL of the things that everyone recommends and I've spent many hours on the phone with Microsoft trying to get the drivers back. We even completely reinstalled Windows 10 and STILL NO TOUCHSCREEN!!!!

Microsoft says there is nothing else they can do and that it is an HP issue - either a hardware or motherboard problem. He suggested that I contact HP Support which I did. I spoke to a very arrogant man named Neil in India who told me that unless I pay $49 up front+ $14.99 per month afterwards, that there is NOTHING HP can/will do to help me. They won't even check to see what could possibly be wrong. He also went on to say that it's NOT an HP issue, and that Microsoft just doesn't want to admit that it's a Microsoft issue "Because problems cost them money".  However, he DID admit that HP is aware that this is happening with some Microsoft updates and if I wanted to pay for the Tech Support, he would be happy to run some tests on my computer and if needed, reinstall Windows 10.

Microsoft spent almost an entire day working with me to back up my files and reinstall Windows 10 for FREE!  But there is STILL NO TOUCHSCREEN!!!!

So, HP knows this is happening, apparently to a LOT of their customers, and after YEARS of getting complaints and I'm sure charging people to do diagnostic tests just to tell them they have to pay even MORE MONEY to actually get the issue fixed, because ultimately it is a BAD MOTHERBOARD that's causing the problem - only after the warranty expires, of course! It appears that HP is taking advantage of their customers and don't REALLY support their products - unless you want to PAY MORE than you already paid for a "High Quality Computer" (NOT!)

I paid for a touchscreen computer and that is what I want! I refuse to pay HP another penny towards this crappy computer! I should get what I paid for and that isn't happening! Since it will likely cost me almost as much as I paid for the computer to have it officially diagnosed and fixed, I think I will just spend my money on another computer and you better believe IT WON'T BE AN HP PRODUCT!!

I am disabled and in a wheelchair and I can't just "take the computer to local repair shop" and I don't have the time or energy to spend another 40+ hours dealing with an issue that obviously can't be fixed remotely. So this means that I can't do the part-time work I do from home because it requires a touchscreen computer - which I NO LONGER HAVE and CAN'T GET BACK to help pay the expenses related to my disability! Thanks to HP's crappy products and even worse customer support, it looks like I'll be spending my stimulus money buying another computer so I can work!

I am so frustrated and exhausted from dealing with this! I will tell everyone I know and post it on every social media platform telling people 

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING HP PRODUCTS! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, THEY ONLY WANT MORE MONEY TO FIX ISSUES THEY'VE KNOWN ABOUT FOR YEARS!

[edit]

The only question I have is HOW DO YOU GET HP TO REINSTALL THE MISSING DRIVERS OR FIX THE MOTHERBOARD ISSUE?

PLEASE don't reply with try this, try that because I've ALREADY done it ALL! And so has Microsoft! At least they stand behind their product and provide FREE customer support above and beyond something that is clearly NOT their issue!

3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LisaH_in_VB I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
takmagic
3 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about your touch screen issue.  Unfortunately, this is a common issue with HP.  Do a forum search and just about every other title is a touch screen problem.  Maybe you can chime in if it actually gets fixed to let us know what the problem was.  It's very, very disappointing.  I went through everything you mentioned with no luck either.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@takmagic I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation