Did you mean: 
mrick70
Level 2
23 15 0 9
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

I bought a touchscreen All-in-One. Now its not

HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-g020 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I originally bought this system 18 months ago it was a touch screen, I could touch the screen all day and things would move around like they are supposed to.  I could touch the start icon and it would open, I could touch the items on the task bar and they would open.  Then about a week ago, my touchscreen just became a monitor.  Weird right?  I looked online for solutions.  It had me check certain things like verify that it is a touch screen.  So I went to "Settings" "About" and this is what is says "No pen or touch input is available for this display, the computer does not have a touch screen."  Weird right?  How does it go from being a touch screen one week to all of the sudden No pen or touch input is available for this display, the computer does not have a touch screen.  So, I went into device manager next which is what is said to do.  I clicked on "Human Interface Devices"  and guess what was not in the drop down?  HID-Compliant Touch Screen.  Weird Right?  

So, now I am at a loss, I bought a touch screen to be a touch screen, now I have a monitor, and my device is out of warranty.  Convenient isn't it.  I have looked into the drivers, but every time I go to install or upgrade the drivers, I get a runtime error.  I try and install the latest firmware that is on the HP support page listed under my drivers

ILITEK Touchscreen Firmware                  Auto-V3005 Rev.A           1.3 MB            Mar 9, 2017

sp79280.exe

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: c:\SWSETUP\sp79280\ilitekAutoUpgrade_v3005.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Product name:  24-g020

Product number: V8P00AA#ABA

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

5 REPLIES 5
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,509
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mrick70,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding issues with the HP touchscreen not working. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you run diagnostics on the touchscreen to isolate the issue to not being hardware related?

• For now please follow all the prescribed steps from this guided troubleshooter http://hp.care/2hGWVXR relevant to the current issue and check if the issue gets fixed.

If the problem continues, then the touchscreen has a hardware issue and needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mrick70
Author
Level 2
23 15 0 9
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I flat out refuse to pay $1 for someone to tell me how to fix my computer.  This is such crap, I buy a computer to be a touch screen, I expect it to be a touch screen!!!!!!  What the hell can go on with my computer to make it just GO AWAY!!!  I have not downloaded anything, one day it works, the next day it doesn't.  I will tell anyone within ear shot not to EVER NEVER buy an HP product again.  They are crap, they do not work, they do not support their products, when they break they don't give a crap about the customer.  it will cost me more to get it fixed than to go out and buy another touch screen all-in-one system.  HP you have lost me as a customer forever!!  I will never buy another product or a product you support again!!!

Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mrick70,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

mrick70
Author
Level 2
23 15 0 9
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I got my All-in-One back yesterday and the touch screen works.  They had to replace the motherboard and the touch sensor.  When I sent my computer to HP, I sent it in with my wireless keyboard and mouse.  I received my keyboard and mouse back, but the battery cover on my mouse is missing.  I sent it in with all the covers on them intact.  Not trying to be petty about the entire thing, but I sent it complete, and would like it returned to me complete.  I was also missing one battery.  The battery I can live without, but the battery cover I cannot.

Again, thank you so much for repairing my computer this will make what I do more efficient again.  I called HP support, and have yet to hear anything back from them about this issue.  

Repair Technician:

L1775153

CSO Number:

BLLP746601

Respectfully,

Martin Rickert

tadoe
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELLO I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT ISSUE  INCLUDING  MY WARRANTY EING UP AS WELL.

PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP SO MY PROBLEM MAY ALSO BE RESOLVED

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation