Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slimline 270-p013wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my girlfriend bought this computer for HW and traditional internet browsing, shopping or whatever. 

It came with a monitor that unfortunately for us, was broken during our recent move. I have a smart TV but it doesnt have the appropriate slot for the VGA cable. At this moment I dont have any extra money, until payday to buy one that goes from VGA to HDMI. Also, if what I want to happen, is possible, I shouldn't need it.

But I dont think this can be done. Or I need someone who knows what they're doing to help me out. I'm lost and frustrated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FourFatKids 

All smart TV's should have at least one HDMI port and your computer has HDMI port at its back

slim.png

All you need is one HDMI cable which you can buy from many computer or TV shops. No need to buy a fancy/expensive one just around 10-15 dollars.

>>>> until payday to buy one that goes from VGA to HDMI.

Using VGA (analog signals)  to HDMI (digital signals) you need a proper converter and it would be more expensive than buying a HDMI cable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@FourFatKids 

All smart TV's should have at least one HDMI port and your computer has HDMI port at its back

slim.png

All you need is one HDMI cable which you can buy from many computer or TV shops. No need to buy a fancy/expensive one just around 10-15 dollars.

>>>> until payday to buy one that goes from VGA to HDMI.

Using VGA (analog signals)  to HDMI (digital signals) you need a proper converter and it would be more expensive than buying a HDMI cable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have tried. But it only produces a no signal screen on my TV. I will try a different HDMI cable and get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

@banhien 2 different HDMI cables produce a no signal screen on my TV, in all 3 HDMI ports on my TV. 

There is only a single HDMI port on the back of my PC, and I believe it's an HDMI in port. 

HP Recommended

@Banhien. Oof. I'm not sure what why or how, but it just popped up after about hard restarts and me tapping buttons on my keyboard.

You were right though. It's definitely HDMI out. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.