Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-f0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why do these stupid websites upload stuff sideways??  Anyway, That is how my video looks when it streams on Facebook.  Anyone else ever see this?  I cleared cache, cookies, history, updated all my software, did diagnostics and waited online with HP{for 30+ minutes and finally appealing to you people.  This is a brand new M01-f0024 desktop from Bestbuy.  Admittedly, I have a lot of windows open and run some hungry programs.  It did not do this at first, but I may have ovferloaded something.  Still, I have never seen this and as much as I Love the speed and popwer of this thing,  I am disgusted with the quality of this PC if this is going to happen in the first month.  And now, good luck getting anyone online or on the phone.  I should just take it back.

20200324_162733.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@claudiablo,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues steaming videos online.

Do you face the same issue when you watch videos on YouTube?

Have you tried using a different browser?

Usually, you face this kind of issue when the flash player is not working correctly on the browser. I see that you are using Google Chrome, I recommend you uninstall Google Chrome and then reinstall it and check if it helps.

Also, try using a different browser and check whether you can duplicate the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.  I have not gotten back to you because I rolled back to a previous restore point and seemed to get rid of the issue.  However, a few weeks later the problem started sporadically and now it is getting worse again and then today I got another blue screen which is about my 15th one in the short few months I have had this machine.  I am VERY disappointed and ready to return it for another one.  Although, I fear the same will happen with another one.  I am sick of windows and now I hear that chrome and windows are in a lockdown battle over some irreparable issue and I want to go full chrome anyway.   I just got a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on a blue screen until I went to a restore point from earlier today...The only thing I can think of I did was to load adobe acrobat dc.  About 2 hours later it went blue screen on me out of nowhere.

HP Recommended

@claudiablo

I understand your concerns.

Here’s how to fix Kmode exception not handled BSOD error:

1. Enter Safe Mode and install the missing drivers

Kmode_exception_not_handled can sometimes be caused by missing or corrupt drivers, and in order to fix this problem it’s recommended to install the missing drivers.

If you cannot access Windows 10, you might have to do this procedure from Safe Mode. To Enter Safe on Windows 10, you need to do the following:

1. After your computer restarts a few times you should see Windows Recovery Environment.
  2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings. Click the Restart button.
  3. After your computer restarts again, you’ll be presented with a list. Press F5 to enter Safe Mode with Networking.

If this option doesn’t work, you’ll have to enable Legacy Advanced Boot. In order to complete this process you’ll need Windows 10 installation media, such as DVD or USB flash drive.

1. Insert Windows 10 installation media and restart your computer.
  2. While your computer boots keep pressing Del or F2 to enter BIOS. It’s important to mention that your computer might use a different key to access BIOS, so make sure to check your motherboard manual.
  3. Once you’ve entered BIOS, you need to set your Windows 10 installation media as the first boot device. If you don’t know how to do it, check your motherboard manual.
  4. After you’ve made the necessary changes, save changes and exit BIOS.
  5. If you set everything right, you should see Press any key to boot from CD or DVD message. Press any key to start Windows 10 setup.
  6. When Windows Setup window appears click Next and choose Repair your computer option.
  7. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
  8. Type C: in Command Prompt and press Enter.
  9. Now enter BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY in Command Prompt and press Enter to run it.
  10. If you did everything right, you should see The operation completed successfully message in Command Prompt.
  11. Type exit in Command Prompt and press Enter.
  12. Click Continue to restart your computer. Remove your Windows 10 installation media.

After you’ve made the necessary changes, your computer might boot a bit slower, but you’ll be able to enter Safe Mode by using a F8 or Shift + F8 shortcut. To enter Safe Mode do the following:

1. While your computer boots keep pressing F8 or Shift + F8.
  2. If the shortcut works, you should see a list of options available.
  3. Choose Safe Mode with Networking and wait until your computer starts Safe Mode.

As we previously mentioned, there’s no need to enter Safe Mode if you can access Windows 10, but if your computer is stuck in a restart loop, and you cannot access Windows 10 at all, you’ll have to perform all these actions from Safe Mode.

Once you enter Safe Mode, you need to install the missing drivers. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the menu.
    Kmode_exception_not_handled USB
  2. When Device Manager opens, find any unknown devices, right click them and choose Update driver.
    Kmode exception not handled during install
  3. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software. If that doesn’t work, you might want to try the Browse my computer for driver software option instead.
    Kmode exception not handled loop
  4. After you’ve installed all the missing drivers, exit the Safe Mode and check if the issue is resolved.

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.