Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 750-514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 monitors. Both the same model and brand. One is darker than the other. Why?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rfree That depends on which monitor's you've got? As the product name you've mentioned is for a HP Desktop PC,

Meanwhile, here's a few interesting steps that should help with different brightness on similar monitors:

There are some basics you should understand before you can fully grasp this concept:

• The age difference between monitors often affects their similarity. When a monitor is older than the other one, it may also be slightly less bright.
  • Keep in mind that latest laptop monitors often sacrifice color reproduction for lightweight functionality.
  • Any differences in wall color or furniture color have a high impact over the light that’s arriving at the monitor. Try to compare your dual monitors under similar lighting conditions.
  • Finally, keep in mind that it’s hardly impossible to match two screens from different monitor models, manufacturers, and panel technologies as far as color is concerned. Color, brightness or contrast can be roughly matched by calibrating them, but that’s pretty much all you can get.

There is also a Color Management option in Windows which may help you out. With it, you can accurately calibrate your display colors. Just search for Color Management in the search box, then follow the wizard to set up both your monitors.

You need to do the same with both screens. Color Management lets you check the proper brightness, contrast, etc. based on the monitor, so give it a try as well and let us know if it works.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I could not see your answer yesterday, now I can. Thank You,

Here is the weird part. I have 2 different monitors. One broke so I replaced it with a Sceptre and the new one worked great, but then the other one, a Dell looked very grayish in comparasion, so I purchased another one exactly the same. and have the same problem, just not quite so grayish, but enough to notice.

I did the calabration and there is no difference.

Both are connected by Hdmi cable.

Also, I upgraded the bio and graphic card from my HP support assistant program.

Any ideas? It is more annoying than anything, but still.

HP Recommended

@Rfree I appreciate the details, that said, here's what else we can do to resolve the issue:

You may want to install all available windows updates, as a patch may have been released by Microsoft to resolve such issues, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

If the issue persists, Try with different cable connectors, If you have other types of cables (such as DisplayPort, DVI or VGA) other than the one you are using right now for your second monitor, try other connector as well to see if it fixes the problem.

Keep us posted,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.