Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (303 Views)

I have HP envy 15 Notebook. After the updates my touch screen is not working at all.

Product Name: HP Envy 15 Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have HP ENVY 15 Notebook.

After some update before few days my touch screen is not working/responding totally.

When i went to Device manager and checked TouchScreen status below details were shown.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

I tried to update the driver but it was not able to find a driver.

when i go to event and check after update details i found this.

Device USB\VID_04F3&PID_0439\6&32267710&0&6 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: USB\VID_8087&PID_8000\5&113a0e3a&0&1

Can an yone guide me how to resolve touchscreen issue do i need to install any specific drive and how.

Please let me know if you need any more details.Capture2.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (273 Views)

Re: I have HP envy 15 Notebook. After the updates my touch screen is not working at all.

@Rutvik93

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy 15 series laptop and the touchscreen is no longer working. The touchscreen drivers are absent in the device manager. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

What is the exact laptop model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Meanwhile, you may download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool wills can your laptop and will install the required drivers. The laptop needs to be restarted after running the HP Support Assistant.

In case the problem persists then install the firmware update for the touchscreen via this link

This HP document will also help in fixing various touchscreen related issues. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. 

Good luck! :)

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (238 Views)

Re: I have HP envy 15 Notebook. After the updates my touch screen is not working at all.

Hey Mkazi,

I was trying to install firmware but connecton timed out.Capture3.PNG

Product name: HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC

Product number:J6P01UA#ABA

When i try to start my PC and click on ESC which brings me to troubleshoot hardware and stuff there touch screen works absolutely fine.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (227 Views)

Hi! @Rutvik93, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Go into Device Manager - Select Universal Serial Bus Controllers - Select Generic USB Hub Properties -( Under POWER tab: the one that  has "HID-compliant Device 100mA" attached) Power Management - UNCHECK-"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

If you have problems or not sure if it the correct HID-compliant Device, just look under the Driver Details and hit the drop down box to scroll through all those different labels until it clearly says "Touchscreen" under "Bus Reported Device Description"

1) Go to Device Manager (Windows Key+X, select it) 
2) Under the "Mice and other pointing devices" list find "USB Touchscreen controller", or the driver that's not your mouse/touchpad. 
3) Right click to select "Properties", click the "Driver" tab, and click "Roll back". 
4) After confirming, this will remove the driver from that list but bring up a bunch of new ones under "Human Interface Devices", where the touchscreen stuff logically should live. 
5) Make sure that all the other drivers are updated EXCEPT "USB input device". This is the one that moves it all to the mouse drivers. 

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Perform a touch screen diagnostic test.

a.1: Plug the AC Adapter into the computer.

a.2: Press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds.

a.3: Turn on the computer and press the F2 key repeatedly.

a.4: When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen displays, click Component Tests.

a.5: Click Touchscreen.

a.6 There are two interactive touchscreen tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.

a.6 Read the on-screen instructions, and click Run Once.

a.7:  Touch each block to erase them the test ends when all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed and results are displayed.

a.8 Click the main menu to return to the UEFI Screen and click the second test.

a.9:  Click Component Tests, and then click Touchscreen again.

a.10 Click Drag and Drop Test.

a.11: Read the on-screen instructions, then click Run Once again.

a.12: Drag and drop the blocks according to the screen. The test ends after all the blocks are repositioned, or after three minutes have passed.

Also, Try updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchscreen issues with your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! :)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (191 Views)

Mkazi/Mr.robot,

Thank you for providing support, the issue has still not been resolved  Is there any possibility that we can do live session or screenshare to resolve this issue much faster and efficiently.

In Device Manager under universal serial bus controllers-Generic USB Hub Properties. I was not able to find any option for Touchscreen still i have unchecked-allow compute to turn off......

Capture2.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture.PNG

2:  i was unable to find USB Touchscreen controller.

Capture3.PNG

3: Touchscreen Diagnostic test was successful.

Capture4.PNG

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (188 Views)

@Rutvik93

Glad to have you back. I truly appreciate your efforts and your patience.

I understand that you would like to do a live session to further troubleshoot the issue as it is unresolved. You may contact our HP phone support team

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck! :)

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (155 Views)

Mkazi

Sorry my Laptop is out of warranty.

I am not sure live session would be possible without that. 

Is there a possibility that Drivers issues was created due to windows update or anyother possible reason.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (138 Views)

@Rutvik93

That is actually a good question.

During my research, I found that a recent update can cause the touchscreen to stop working correctly. Let us attempt the following fix and see if that works.

• Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
  • Click on Installed Updates on the left
  • Select windows update (KB4074588) and click uninstall
  • After uninstalling the update reboot the PC

Hope this works out. Let me know.

Cheers. 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation