Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-a0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a security camera that uses a Micro SD to record events. How do I find that on my computer when I input the Micro SD into my HP Pavilion Desktop 590-a0xxx????.Please somebody tell me how to do this. Where will the video that recorded on the SD chip be for viewing. THANK YOU MUCH!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sansudsy 

Some vendors sell microSD cards with adapter but many do not. I know Samsung has this option that why I've got many adapters around.

Samsung microSD.png

Back to your question, you need an adapter, you can buy one for few dollars OR buy a new Samsung microSD with adapter, you can use one adapter for many microSD cards

microSD.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sansudsy 

Some vendors sell microSD cards with adapter but many do not. I know Samsung has this option that why I've got many adapters around.

Samsung microSD.png

Back to your question, you need an adapter, you can buy one for few dollars OR buy a new Samsung microSD with adapter, you can use one adapter for many microSD cards

microSD.png

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm good with the micro chip and adapter...I have that but when I put it into my computer....where do I find it so I can view it??

I'm using windows 10 and I cannot find where the disk is showing up to view. Any suggestions???

And thanks for the response..much appreciated

HP Recommended

@sansudsy 

It will appear under File Explorer. I don't know the file structure of your security camera but normally files should be under DCIM folder. The following image shows an example on my LUMIX camera (not a security camera)

lumix.png

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.