Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z27s
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello everyone. So I've had the HP Z27s monitor for the past ~3 years.

It used to flicker (half of the screen turning into a solid, usually pink color for a second) but I ignored the issue.

Just a couple minutes ago however I've noticed strange vertical lines on my wallpaper, decided to restart my computer and then the screen went crazy. Started flickering with entire screen, getting darker/brighter, vertical lines now persist and text is completely unreadable (so sorry if I make any spelling errors, I can barely see what I'm typing right now).

Before that happened, to make sure it's not an issue with graphics card I ran Unigine Superposition on Windows that I have installed on BootCamp. Pretty sure it's an issue with the monitor and not my computer.

Here I managed to record when it got bad. Interesting thing is that on a video fonts don't look different at all, but when I changed wallpaper at 00:14, fonts got bad and horizontal lines appeared (can be seen on video mostly on macOS dock) and screen got darker as well.

Another video here shows it returning to normal (but it seems like it won't return to normal anymore).

Couple pictures showing it in that weird state as well:

IMG_1641.JPGmpv-shot0001.jpgmpv-shot0002.jpg

So I'm pretty sure that I'll have to call HP on Monday and ask for repair. My standard warranty expired though, and company I've bought it from (graphics studio, bought it brand new and they were selling them for some reason - now I think we know why :P) didn't give me any kind of recipt but they've bought additional warranty. When I'm checking warranty on HP's website it says:

Warranty status details for your product: Active

Warranty type

Bundled Warranty

Service type

HP Bundled Hardware Onsite Support

Status

Active: Covered under extended warranty, 13 months remaining.

Start Date

May 18, 2015

End Date

June 16, 2020

So, how does warranty looks like in this case if I may ask? Is my monitor still covered despite not having the recipt under this extended warranty?
I'll be thankful for any help I can get 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.