Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
H8-1100it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
For some time I was interested in changing the video card, at the moment my Computer is equipped with a 550 ti and I wanted to change it with an MSI Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6 G, I have a doubt, my motherboard will resist in the long term, the attacks are compatible but I don't know if with too many M_h_z my motherboard will last for at least a year, I don't know who to ask, please help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has a legacy BIOS that only goes up to v7.12.

In order to install a graphics card beyond the Nvidia GT(X) 6xx series, your PC must have UEFI BIOS with a version 8.XX BIOS revision, or newer.

So, the only Nvidia cards you can upgrade to would be one of those in the GT(X) 6XX model series.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.