11-18-2013 06:00 AM
I want to upgrade my video card in my HPE H8-1020 - It is a Eyefinity Radeon HD6570. I want to upgrade to a professional monitor for photo editing and would like to know what is available?
11-18-2013 09:40 PM
Jimg-evv, welcome to the forum.
What is the make/model of the monitor that you want to buy. I will provide the information for you, but it would help me to know more about the monitor.
You can upgrade the video card. However, most mid-level cards require at least 400W to operate properly. The power supply unit (PSU) in the computer is 300W. A card that would work for your needs would require a PSU upgrade, as well.
I recommend at least 500W; 600W would be even better because it would allow for future upgrades. I like OCZ and Corsair PSU's.
You would need a PCI Express x16 video card. I like XFX, EVGA, Sapphire and PNY in that order. If you upgrade the PSU, this card should work for you.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)