Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion 23 touch smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have a Pavillion 23 touch smart model 23 h027c. I want to add a second monitor for the extended screen. I have bought a USB connection to VGA connector to link the added monitor. The connection came with the software. After I installed the software it still does not connect to the new screen. I looked at HP for answers and one customer was told to connect it to the HDMI port. This Pavillion does not have a HDMI port; only USBs. The added monitor states there is no signal from my computer and it enters power save mode. 

thanks for your support.

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It sounds as though the adapter is not working.  What make and model adapter did you purchase?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If the software for the USB adapter is installed and the monitor is connect, right click anywhere on the desktop and pick "Display settings" from the popup menu.  When that screen opens, click on the "Detect" under the Multiple displays topic.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello Sir:

I did as you mentioned.  The response from the computer was that it did not detect another display. I looked at the extended monitor and it requests the input source. The selections were: autoselect, VGA, DBI-D and HDMI. I tried them all and there was no response. The monitor did suggest to type anything to wake up the monitor. I typed this message and it did not wake up. It is like the data is not reaching the screen.  

Please any other suggestions?

Best wishes,

Larry

HP Recommended

It sounds as though the adapter is not working.  What make and model adapter did you purchase?

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.